Summer Crisis Program and Water Assistance ENDS Sept. 30, 2023
LEBANON, OH -- The Ohio Department of Development and Warren County Community Services, Inc., will help income-eligible Ohioans stay cool during the hot summer months. The Home Energy Assistance Summer Crisis Program provides eligible Ohioans assistance paying an electric bill or assistance paying for central air conditioning repairs. The program runs from July 1-Sept. 30, 2023.
To apply for the program, clients are required to schedule an appointment with Warren County Community Services, Inc., emergency HEAP. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 513-970-6737 or online at https://wccs.itfrontdesk.com
Clients need to bring copies of the following documents to their appointment:
- Copies of their most recent energy bills.
- A list of all household members and proof of income for the last 30 days or 12 months for each member.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency for all household members.
- Proof of disability (if applicable).
- Physician documentation that cooling assistance is needed for a household member’s health (if there isn’t a household member over the age of 60).
The Summer Crisis Program assists low-income households with an older household member (60 years or older) who can provide physician documentation that cooling assistance is needed for their health, have a disconnect notice, have been shut off, are trying to establish new service on their electric bill, or require air conditioning. Conditions can include such things as lung disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, or asthma. Also, Ohioans enrolled in the Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP) program who meet the above criteria may be eligible for assistance towards their default PIPP payment, first PIPP payment, or central air conditioning repairs.
The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program is available. If you have a past due, disconnect with your water and/or wastewater, service has been shut off or new service is being established. We may be able to assist with a one-time payment. This program ends September 30, 2023.
For more information about the features of the Summer Crisis Program and Water Program. To see what is required to apply, contact Warren County Community Services, Inc. Emergency HEAP at 513-970-6737 or online at https://wccs.itfrontdesk.com To be connected to your local Energy Assistance provider visit www.energyhelp.ohio.gov or call (800) 282-0880.
For more than 50 years, WCCS has served as the community’s primary link for social services in Warren County, WCCS operates a wide range of programs and services that:
- Allow seniors and families to obtain and maintain long-term housing
- Assist families and individuals with emergency needs, employment, and rising energy costs
- Help older adults to remain active and independent
- Prepare children to succeed in school
- Adults with literacy challenges are tutored to increase their reading and writing skills. Legal immigrants are taught English as a second language
More News from Lebanon
- Problem Solvers Caucus Release Bipartisan Solution to Fund Federal Government Congressman Landsman works to prevent shutdown
- CALLING ALL ARTISTS Cincinnati's BLINK is returning 2024