King Avenue Bridge Project Is Now Complete
KINGS MILLS, OH -- Construction of the $22,000,000 King Avenue Bridge Project is now complete. This means that King Avenue and Grandin Road, between Miami Street and Striker Road, are open to traffic.And while the new bridge and roadway is now open to traffic, flagging operations are expected during the daytime hours of 9:00 am to 3:00 pm when needed to complete punch list items over the winter and into spring of 2024.
The new two span bridge has a total length of 520 feet and carries two wider lanes of traffic. There is also a shared‐use path for pedestrians and bicyclists to cross the Little Miami State and National Scenic River. A new precast arch bridge, adjacent to the river bridge, now spans over the Little Miami Scenic Trail, eliminating the previous dangerous at‐grade road and trail crossing. The shared‐use path on the bridge and the Little Miami Scenic Trail are now open as well.
Other improvements associated with the project include:
- A new parking lot for the trail,
- Roundabout at the intersection of the trail parking lot and the Peters Cartridge Factory development,
- Improved geometry of roadway approaches to the bridge.
The bridge and roadway project was constructed by the Eagle Bridge Co. of Sidney, Ohio. Stantec Consulting Services (Cincinnati office) designed the project, and Prime AE Group (Cincinnati office) performed construction inspection for the project.
"A special thanks to everyone involved with the project from the beginning of design to final construction. The cooperation of the general traveling public, the Peters Cartridge Factory Apartments, and Cartridge Brewing during the construction of this two year project was greatly appreciated," noted Roy Henson, P.E., P.S. Warren County Bridge Engineer.
More News from Lebanon
- Carlisle Is Getting Ready To Cut Loose... Footloose Chamberlain Junior Drama Club will be presenting Footloose the weekend of March 8 - 10, 2024
- Chapter 33: The Wedding .... "Deceptions in the Air" Bringing Back 19th Century Entertainment...Fiction Story Telling "Deception in the Air"