THIS WEEKEND IS THE 2022 MASON HERITAGE FESTIVAL AND PARADE
MASON, OH -- The annual Heritage Parade and Festival is returning to Downtown Mason on Saturday, September 17. This is a FREE community event filled with family friendly activities and entertainment.
This year the parade has a new time and route. Starting at 3 pm, it will beginning at the corner of Foxfield Drive and Mason-Montgomery Rd, just north of Municipal Center. It will head north on Mason-Montgomery Rd and continue west on West Main Street towards the Downtown Plaza.
The city officials noted that the best area for the parade viewing is in the Downtown Plaza area where parade participants will be doing short performances.
The Schedule for the days events are:
- 3:00 p.m. Annual Parade – New Time and Route
- 4:00 p.m. Vendors and Activities Open; School of Rock performs on stage
- 5:30 p.m. Varner/Netherton Revival performs on stage
- 8:00 p.m. The Bronson Arroyo Band performs on stage
- 10:00 p.m. Event Concludes
There will be road closures due to the parade and festival:
- 12:00 p.m. - West Main Street from Reading Road to N. Forest/S. Forest Avenue and N. West Street from West Main Street to W. Church Street will be closed for event staging and assembly. It is anticipated that the road will reopen by midnight.
- 2:45 p.m. - Mason-Montgomery Road from Foxfield Drive to Main Street will close for the duration of the parade. It is anticipated that Mason-Montgomery Road, Foxfield Drive and West Main Street from Mason Montgomery Road to the intersection at North East Street and South East Street will reopen by 4:00 p.m.
- 2:45 p.m. - West Main Street from the intersection at North East Street and South East Street to 1st Avenue will be closed. It is anticipated that the road will reopen by midnight.
Beginning at 11:30 a.m. through the conclusion of the event, shuttle service will be available between Mason High School and the intersection of West Main Street and N. East/S. East Street for the public. Shuttle service will also be available between Mason High School and Grace Chapel from 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Public parking lots are located on Mason Montgomery Road just north of the State Route 42 intersection and behind the Mason Grill located on State Route 42 just east of Mason Montgomery Road. Additional parking is located throughout the Municipal Center Campus at 6000 Mason Montgomery Road.
Stay tuned for more information and exciting updates on 2022 Heritage Festival and Parade! For more information regarding the free event, please visit the City of Mason’s website at www.imaginemason.org or call 513.229.8500. We hope to see you there!