Girls Just Love To Have Fun
MIDDLETOWN, OH -- The weather could not have been more perfect on Saturday for Middletown's 10th Annual Women's Wine & Chocolate Walk. Sunshine and low humidity helped the hundreds of ladies enjoy their walk down Middletown's Downtown Central Ave. as they shopped, drank their wine and gathered chocolates.
The walk included businesses from Main Street down to Charles Street. There were 20 stops for the event goers to visit so they could try the ten different wines and chocolates. The shops that participated this year were:
- Whistle Stop Shop (25 Charles) - Wine: 14 Hands Unicorn White Bubbles -
- DMI - (Central and Charles) - Chocolate: Maple Cream
- Central Pastry (1518 Central) - Wine: Chateau STE Michelle Riesling
- Pudgy Pone - (1372 Central) - Wine: 14 Hands Run Wild Red Blend
- White Dog - (1357 Central) - Chocolate: Sea Salt Carmel Dark
- N.E.W. Ales Brewing - (1330 Manchester) - Chocolate: Marshmallow
- Middletown Arts Center - (130 N. Verity) Wine: Liquid Light Sauvignon Blanc
- Spoken (1201 Central) - Chocolate: Meltaway
- Mz. Jade's (1131 Central) - Chocolate: Coconut Dip
- Hector's Taco Shop (1126 Central) - Chocolate: Raspberry Cream
- Design 2 Wear 2 (1112 Central) - Wine: 14 Hands Unicorn Rose Bubbles
- Artfully Yours & The Shop (PAC) (1105 Central) - Wine:Chateau STE Michelle Harvest Select Riesling
- The Wicked Wick (PAC) (1105 Central) - Chocolate: Cashew Snapper
- Primo (6 S. Broad) - Chocolate: Cherry Cordial
- Iron Rose Mercantile (1050 Central) - Wine: Chateau STE Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon
- Arts Central Foundation (4 N. Main) - Wine: Chateau STE Michelle Elements Peach Ginger
- SORG Theater (63 S. Main) - Chocolate: French Mint Dark
- State Farm Barney Riesbeck (Main & First) - Wine: 14 Hands Hot to Trot Red Blend
- The Swire (64 S. Main) - Chocolate: Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Connection Day Spa - (50 S. Main) - Wine: Liquid Light Chardonnay
These sisters (and a niece) came from Beavercreek, Germantown and Springboro to enjoy some wine, chocolate and shopping.
Along with the wine and chocolate, there were food and retail vendors as well as activity stops such as the CASA Parachute Wine Toss, DJ Ron, and Karaoke with DJ Larry.
Money raised from this event not only helps to raise funds so that more activities can happen in the downtown area, but it raises awareness to what the downtown area has to offer. To learn more about other activities going on in Downtown Middletown visit the DMI (Downtown Middletown Inc.) Website at www.downtownmiddletown.org.