WCCS Offering Government Programs To Warren County Residents In Need
WARREN COUNTY, OH -- The Home Energy Assistance Winter Crisis Program ends March 31, 2023. This program provides eligible Ohioans assistance with a one-time payment with:
- a disconnection,
- need to establish new service,
- need to pay to transfer service,
- have a PIPP default,
- need to pay first PIPP,
- or have 25% or less of bulk fuel/propane.
If you are disabled, please provide proof of disability.
The Ohio Development Services Agency and Warren County Community Services Inc, (WCCS) will help income-eligible Ohioans with the Low-Income Water Assistance Program. This includes both water and wastewater assistance. This program is available from Oct., 1, 2022- Sept., 30, 2023. If you are facing:
- a disconnect,
- or need new service;
The Low-Income Water Assistance Program is available for a one-time payment.
To apply for either program, clients are required to schedule an appointment with Warren County
Community Services, Inc. You must speak to a HEAP representative. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 513-970-6737 or online at https://wccs.itfrontdesk.com.
For more information about the features of the Winter Crisis Program and the Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) locally and what is needed to apply, contact Warren County Community Services, Inc at 513-970-6737. Additional information can also be found at www.wccsi.org or www.energyhelp.ohio.gov or by calling (800) 282-0880.
About WCCS: For more than 50 years, WCCS has served as the community’s primary link for social services in Warren County, WCCS operates a wide range of programs and services that:
- Allow seniors and families to obtain and maintain long-term housing
- Assist families and individuals with emergency needs, employment, and rising energy
- Help older adults to remain active and independent
- Prepare children to succeed in school
- Adults with literacy challenges are tutored to increase their reading and writing skills.
- Legal immigrants are taught English as a second language