Township Candidates For The November Election
LEBANON, OH -- Early voting for the Nov. 7, 2023 General Election begins soon. On October 11th, the day after the last day to register to vote for this year's General Election, voters will be able to start casting their ballots.
On this ballot many voters will be deciding whom to vote for when it comes to their local township positions. Township boards across the state consist of three trustees and one fiscal officer, who when elected are to serve for a 4-year term. Each township’s fiscal officer position, along with at least one township trustee seat, is up for election this year.
Residents in the incorporated cities of Lebanon and Mason do not vote on township issues since they are not part of the 11 townships that make up Warren County. But, all the other residents in Warren County, who are registered to vote, are eligible to help elect their township board members.
The trustees on the board make up the legislation portion. They have voting rights on matters that oversee the care and maintenance of the township roads, fire and police protection, cemeteries, parks and recreation, zoning and waste disposal. The Fiscal Officer, however, does not vote on legislation matters, but has all the fiscal responsibilities of the township including paying bills, payrolls and receiving revenue as it is distributed to the Township.
Here is the list of township candidates for the 2023 election.
In two of the eleven township races, both the Fiscal Officer and the Trustee incumbents are not being challenged. They are:
- Fical Officer: Russell Carolus (incumbent)
- Trustee: Jason E Gabbard (incumbent)
- Fiscal Officer: Vicky VonHolle (incumbent)
- Trustee: Susan Ramsey (incumbent)
Seven of the 9 remaining townships have no challengers for the Fiscal Officer position, meaning only one person is running for that position. These townships are:
- Fiscal Officer: Dan Corey (incumbent)
- Fiscal Officer: Scot Fromeyer (incumbent)
- Fiscal Officer: Ginny Williams (Incumbent)
- Fiscal Officer: Mary A Wilkie (Incumbent)
- Fiscal Officer: Amanda K Childers (incumbent)
- Fiscal Officer: Sharon Coffman (incumbent)
- Fiscal Officer: Scott Fitzsimmons
The Townships that have more than one candidate running for Township Trustee are:
- Incumbent Lelle Lutts Hedding is being challenged by Nabila Babar for trustee seat.
- Incumbent Brian S Morris is being challenged by Rob Rose for the trustee seat.
Four are running for the 1 trustee seat. They are:
- Zack Demaree
- Walt Paskins
- Ed Porginski
- Scott Studer
- Incubment Mark Dawson is being challenged by Scott R Huddleson.
- Incumbent Jim VanDeGrift is being challenged by Michael L Abbott.
- James R Moorman and Dale W. Settlemyre are running against each other for the trustee position.
- Incumbent Josh Patrick is being challenged by Wade Easterling
Two townships have more than one candidate from which to chose for both the Fiscal Officer and Trustee. They are:
- Fiscal Officer: Leah Elliot and Kenny Hickey Jr are running for the same position.
- Trustee: Incumbent Mark Sousa is being challenged by Joe walker
- Fiscal Officer: Incumbent Shelly Lamb is being challenged by Wanda Allen
- Three are running for the one trustee position. They are: James D. Bowman, Rhonda Cockerham and Steve Riley
For more information on the Nov. 7, 2023 Election, visit the warren county board of elections website by clicking here.
More News from Lebanon
- How The Burger And Shake Came To Be Our "Break Today" Guy shares the quick evolution of how fast food grew to be an American staple, along with the growth of MacDonald's
- Looking Up at the Christmas Tree New Christmas Song Released by Warren County Man