Collaborated Project With A WCCC Student and FWCPD
LEBANON, OH -- Back in September Mackenzie Waggamn, a senior student at the Warren County Career Center and intern here at WarrenCountyPost.com took on a rather large project for the Friends of Warren County Park District. Waggamn created a 2024 Warren County Park District Calendar highlighting many of Nature Close To Home’s Dave Woehr’s photos.
Woehr, who has a column here on our digital paper, has had photos and stories in many other periodicals such as the Warren County Magaizne, Lebanon Local, Warren County Park District’s website and Ceasar’s Creeks Nature’s Corner.
The calendar was being created for Friends of the Park to be able to use as a "thank you" to those who donate to FWCPD and to sell as a fundraiser.
The calendar was created to teach WCCC media students how their knowledge and talents in graphic design can be used in the “real” world.
During this project Waggamnn learned the process of layout and design, pagination, selling ads, working with the client in making the ads, collecting payment from the client, deadlines, printing, saddle stitching and distribution.
There was a small bump in the road, as this was the first attempt of what hopes to turn into an annual project for a WCCC media student and FWCPD, the saddle machine went down at the school, right before break. But thanks to Lebanon’s Minute Man Press the calendars were stiched together and ready for distribution before the new year of 2024 starts.
A big thank you goes out to the 12 businesses who sponsored a month in the 2024 calendar. This project would not have been able to be completed without you. Thank you to:
- January Sponsor — CEC (Civic & Environmental Consultants, Inc.)
- February Sponsor — Warren County Career Center
- March Sponsor — Triple A Pro Services
- April Sponsor — Stand2Serve.Org Earth Day
- May Sponsor — JLAERIALVIEWS.COM
- June Sponsor — GROSS Lumber
- July Sponsor — Pickett's Barbershop
- August Sponsor — Stantec
- September Sponsor — Stand2Serve.Org Remember 911
- October Sponsor — Morgan's Canoe
- November Sponsor — Friends of Warren County Park District
- December Sponsor — Arrow Adventures
More News from Lebanon
- Carlisle Is Getting Ready To Cut Loose... Footloose Chamberlain Junior Drama Club will be presenting Footloose the weekend of March 8 - 10, 2024
- Chapter 33: The Wedding .... "Deceptions in the Air" Bringing Back 19th Century Entertainment...Fiction Story Telling "Deception in the Air"